Reasons for wear of extruder barrel screw: 1. During t […]
Reasons for wear of extruder barrel screw:
1. During the extrusion production process, because the process temperature is too low or the extruder barrel is mixed with metal foreign matter with the material, the working torque of the screw will suddenly increase. This torque force exceeds the strength limit of the screw and will cause the screw. Twist off.
2. If there are fillers such as calcium carbonate or glass fiber in the material, it will aggravate the abrasion of the extruder screw and extruder barrel.
3. The screw of the extruder rotates in the barrel of the extruder to extrude the material. The long-term friction between the screw, the barrel and the material will inevitably cause the abrasion of the barrel and the screw. The inner diameter of the barrel will gradually increase, and the outer diameter of the screw will gradually decrease. In this way, the clearance between the screw and the barrel will increase a little as the two gradually wear.
4. Improper operation, unstable process temperature control, and frequent decomposition of extruded materials, such as pvc decomposition, release a large amount of HCI gas, which intensifies the corrosion of parts.
5. The heat treatment hardness of the working surface of the extruder screw or barrel does not reach the required value, which will accelerate the wear of the two parts.
6. The improper selection of materials for the screw and extruder barrel makes the working strength of the two parts insufficient and shortens their working life.