The following reasons will cause the barrel and screw t […]
The following reasons will cause the barrel and screw to wear out:
1. Improper selection of the materials of the screw and barrel makes the working strength of the two parts insufficient and shortens their working life.
2. The heat treatment hardness of the working surface of the screw or barrel does not reach the required value, which will accelerate the wear of the two parts.
3. Improper operation and unstable process temperature control. It often occurs that the extruded material is decomposed, such as the decomposition of PVC, which releases a large amount of HCI gas, which intensifies the corrosion of the parts.
4. The screw rotates in the barrel and extrudes the material. Long-term friction between the screw, barrel and the material will inevitably cause the barrel and screw to wear. The inner diameter of the barrel will gradually increase, and the outer diameter of the screw will gradually decrease. In this way, the clearance between the screw and the barrel will increase a little as the two gradually wear.
5. If there are fillers such as calcium carbonate or glass fiber in the material, it will aggravate the wear of the screw and barrel.
6. During the extrusion production process, because the process temperature is too low or the metal foreign matter is mixed into the barrel with the material, the working torque of the screw will suddenly increase. This torque exceeds the strength limit of the screw and will cause the screw to twist and break.